Happy Friday, everyone! Today I'm taking a little break from my Disney Princess series because truthfully, I didn't have much time to put into creating a new look. The store I work at had it's grand opening which meant 11 1/2 hour shifts all weekend and after that I just wanted to rest. Also, apologies for yesterday's post. I posted because I thought I had to and that rubbish came out. It's a fantastic product so I may just rewrite it when I get the chance and re-publish it! Anyway, today I'm going to talk about a fantastic little set of Tarte products that Sephora was (and again, is) offering as a 500 point perk. It's the Amazonian Treasures Collection which features 5 deluxe samples of some of Tarte's most popular products! I'm not one to spend my Beauty Insider points, but there was no way I couldn't on this! I've had a chance to play around with these guys so I thought I'd do some mini-reviews on each. Right off the bat I can tell you it's well worth the 500 points!
- Pure Maracuja Oil | This is going to be a life saver during the cold, dry months for anyone with a drier skin type. It's a face oil that hydrates dry and acne prone skin without leaving it feeling greasy. It's amazing to put under foundation to have it apply evenly and without any dry patches. I've always wanted to purchase the full size but wasn't so sure about the $46 price tag (for 1.7 fl oz), but it might be well worth it!
- Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara | This mascara is apparently supposed to be a 4 in 1. Anything you could want in a mascara you'd get with this one! I love what it does to my lashes and I'm gutted that this little guy has already dried out. This is the second mascara to ever make me think about perhaps venturing into high end mascaras. I still have loads of mascaras to get through, but this one coats my lashes, separates, and curls so nicely that it might be the first I buy!
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow in Shimmering Moss | I'm not one to buy cream shadows on the fly but I was excited to see this gorgeous olive shade in the mix of products! The cream blends evenly onto the eye when patted with the finger. On it's own it kind of a downer because it creases in a matter of minutes- beautiful color and it creates a nice, soft look, but what does it matter when it looks like shadow wrinkles on your eyes?! I'd suggest a heavy duty primer underneath it to keep a hold on that shadow. I don't see myself purchasing a full size of this, but I'll be enjoying the deluxe sample whilst I have it!
- Amazonian Clay 12-HR Blush in Exposed | I LOVED THAT A BLUSH WAS INCLUDED IN THIS SET. Seriously, if it's one product from Tarte that you NEED to try it's their blushes. Such a fan-dabey dosey range of colors and the formulation is amazing. It's a bit smaller than their full size blushers but the pigmentation is so great that you only ever need a little dab-dab to have the color show. The great thing about Exposed is that it's such a warm, almost mauve pink that you can use it as either blush or for a bit on contour and color! Love, love, love it!
- Amazonian Clay Finished Powder | If you guys, have been reading my blog for a while you know that I'm already a fan of this fabulous finishing powder. I have a very in depth review of it that you can read over here. This powder is excellent to set your foundation without making it look "layered" and cakey. The powder is translucent and silky which reduces the appearance of flakiness and dry patches- I'm all for it!!
I got this set maybe two months ago, but now that it's finally back in Sephora stores as a 500 Point Perk I highly recommend you take a look and think about cashing your points in. So many great products in very generous sizes- you can't take a chance and pass it up!
How often do you spend your Beauty Insider points? Ever find a gem, like this?