Well, hello again. I'm finding it quite difficult to come up with a cute and quirky way to open each new post that I've done once a month since like February. I'm not even going to talk about a return because every time I do, I jinx it and am completely embarrassed at how many times I've promised it. I'm back. Officially. Things are changing but they haven't changed completely just yet. Let's just say that The Mod Mermaid is getting an internal revamp (a.k.a. the content) and is awaiting an external make over! For now, let's stick to what I talk about best and that's beauty products, specifically products that I've been loving lately!
Lately (hohoho!) I haven't been reaching for many beauty products at once. I've been working many hours a week and have gotten quite good at getting up right before I'm supposed to jump into my car. So there haven't been many reaches for interesting lipsticks or crazy complicated eye shadow looks. These products have been my saviors to make me look like I haven't had only 23.7 seconds to look put together.
- Benefit's gimmeBrow | This beaut was featured in my first 'loving lately' post and I just can't get enough of it! I wasn't overly thrilled at having to purchase it at the Benefit event I went to, but I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for making your brows look polished and groomed, while keeping it looking natural. I can't be fussed with crazy filled in brows, but sometimes they do need a little extra so this guy is amazing to have!
- Bobbi Brown Sparkle Shadow in Ballet/NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt | This pair have been my go to 'no muss, no fuss' eyeshadow combination. I blend a little of the jumbo eye pencil all over my eyelid and then pat the sparkle eye shadow on top. The color of the jumbo pencil really enhances the pink in the shadow and the slight tackiness before it dries helps get the max amount of glitter to stick for a subtle, yet sparkly look.
- MAC Venus Lipstick | I bought this limited edition MAC lipstick almost two years ago and it's my most used and most loved. I always go back to this because it's my perfect 'my-lips-but-better' shade. It goes with any and every look I create and I'm so sad to see it getting down to the nub. I haven't come across a color just like it. It's the only thing about really falling in love limited edition products that SUCKS ):
- NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Blush Palette | I la-la-la-la-LOVE this palette. Sure, two of the shades look exactly the same and sometimes I can't tell which one is Orgasm, but I still LOVE it. This palette doesn't sit with the rest of my collection, it's parked right in my pencil drawer where I can reach for it straight away. It's convenient and I absolutely adore the bubblegum pink shade paired with the highlighter shade! I've also managed to put a dent in some of the shades which should be a sad thing but as you beauty gals know, is such an amazing feat! It means it's being loved and abused in the most amazing way possible
- Sigma F05 Small Contour Brush | Ever since I bought this brush at IMATS it has not left my side. I will seriously try to find every use for this brush, but it's great for what it's meant to do and that's contour. I'm not the most skilled at contouring but you'd think I was pretty decent when I get to use this brush. It's dense, but not too stiff and it's the perfect size to get the bronzer exactly where you want it and blend it out just how you want. Ah, I just love it. It's a great brush! It's ain't too shabby at applying some highlighter and blushers (although it's specialty will always be those bronzers!)
What's one product you've been loving lately?
Are you ready for The Mod Mermaid 2.0?!